Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mommy/daughter date

Today Madeline and I went to a real movie theater. The only reason was because for the next two months they have a free movie twice a week. They are "old" movies. We saw Kung Fu Panda. Madeline hadn't seen it before and she was mesmerized by the gigantic screen and the tons of big kids. I was completely shocked to find that she didn't cry or misbehave during the whole thing. She LOVED it. She didn't laugh or smile the whole time, she just stared. Afterwards she kept telling me about the panda who eats so much and the naughty leopard. She thinks it is funny now, but it was serious business while we were watching.
Wow! Our first movie theater experience. Our little girl is growing up!

1 comment:

Maren Kate said...

Today I got to see "The Last Mimzy." I wouldn't take Madeline to it. I kinda liked it but by the end one of my 6 yr olds was crying so hard from fright that I had to hold him in my lap and cover his eyes. It kinda made me laugh even
though it shouldn't have. Maybe we can go to the movies in Colorado. LOVE YOU!